You might be surprised to learn that it’s not just accounting principles you need to understand when managing money for your creative business – it’s the role your mind plays when making economic decisions. Krystle McGilvery explains in our latest Zoom Dive event…
Krystle is a finance consultant, chartered accountant and the founder of Mind Over Money. She’s on a mission to humanise finance. Through behavioural science insights, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and her finance and education expertise, Krystle delivers programmes and workshops to help organisations improve economic decision-making and finance skills.
In this session, Krystle talks about connecting money to the mind and behavioural strategies you can use to improve financial confidence and capability. You’ll also learn about the most crucial accounting fundamentals to get to grips with.
Listen to the recording below to discover:
- How to connect money to the mind as a starting point for improving financial decision-making.
- Why good money management is about instilling good habits and self-control – not about numeric ability.
- How to develop good financial habits – and make them stick.
- How setting financial goals and building a plan can help you make more money.
- Why it’s essential to understand financial principles like cash flow and profit and loss (P&L).
- The most common mistakes creative entrepreneurs make when dealing with money matters – and how to overcome them.
- And more!
Zoom Dives are deep-dive conversations between our founder, Carolyn Dailey, and hand-picked business experts from the creative industries. Each session is jam-packed with tips and takeaways that’ll help you launch, grow and scale your creative business. Browse our Events calendar to discover upcoming Zoom Dives. Why not catch the next one live? They’re free!