Building a great team for your creative business is a real challenge, especially if you’re starting out and have never hired anyone before. Yet, the right team will become your biggest asset, helping your business grow and scale. So how exactly do you go about hiring the right talent – and what are the most common mistakes to avoid during the process?
In this Zoom Dive, we talked to Maria Hvorostovsky, founder and CEO of HVO Search, to get some expert tips. Maria founded her business in 2012, with a mission to make hiring exceptional talent simple.
HVO Search provides executive search services to companies across the fashion, retail, and digital sectors. Maria also hosts the Anatomy of a Leader podcast where she talks to founders, CEOs and entrepreneurs about what it takes to be a great leader.
Listen to this Zoom Dive recording on Soundcloud to learn about:
- How to hire the right people (first time around) to help your business grow.
- The key steps in the hiring process.
- Challenges you might come across when recruiting.
- The most common hiring mistakes and how to avoid them.
- What happens when the hire goes wrong.
- How to hire confidentially (when you can’t advertise) – and more.
Zoom Dives are lively, insightful conversations between our founder, Carolyn Dailey, and hand-picked business experts from the creative industries. Each session is packed with inspiration, tips and strategies to help you grow your creative business. Browse our Events calendar to register for our next Zoom Dive (it’s free!) and catch the conversation as it happens.