Start-Up Essentials: Marketing Basics | 3-Part Series | In Partnership with the Design Museum
Design Museum: 24 April, 1 May, 8 May 2018April 24, 2018
18:30 - 20:00
- 224-238 Kensington High St, London, W8 6AG£90/£75 for Members
This 3-part course runs over three Tuesday nights: 24 April, 1 May and 8 May 2018.
Led by Creative Entrepreneurs, this is the third in the ‘Start-Up Essentials’ series. It will dig deep into the key elements of marketing. Through seminar discussions and hands-on activities, participants will gain the skills and knowledge they need to begin to turn their creative ideas into business reality.
Whether you have already started a creative business, have an idea for a new one or just want to learn more, we welcome you to join this course.
Session One: Your Brand
• Overview: What is a brand?
• Defining your brand’s DNA
• Developing your brand’s positioning
• Building a brand tone of voice and key messaging
• Developing a brand look and feel
• Creating a brand customer experience
Session Two: Communications & PR
• Overview: What is communications and why is it crucial to marketing your startup?
• Engaging journalists and influencers
• How to write a press release
• Introduction to content marketing
• Crisis management
Session Three: Social Media
• Overview: What is social media marketing?
• Introduction to marketing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat
• Introduction to video content marketing
• Building paid social ad campaigns
• Measuring and monitoring your social media presence; key metrics, monitoring tools and approaches to reporting