According to a recent Ofcom research around 7.1 million people in the UK now listen to podcasts each week. That’s one in eight people and is an increase of 24% over the past year – and more than double over the past five years. Podcasts have filled our morning commute with knowledge and emotion, and get more and more recognition as great resources of education, inspiration and entertainment. There’s a variety of podcasts from niche topics like Dungeons & Dragons to Entrepreneurship. Below we list our top ten, specially curated for creative entrepreneurs:
- The Tim Ferriss Show qualifies as a classic and features many famous entrepreneurs and creatives from Blake Mycoskie to Terry Crews. The show apart from sharing business advice hosts discussion around life challenges like dealing with anxiety, financial discipline, changing perception and more. Guaranteed to challenge your views.
- NPR’s How I Built This with Guy Raz is a show narrating the journey of innovators, entrepreneurs and idealists—and the movements they built. It’s a great way to dive in the early days of the now established big companies like Whole Foods and Shopify as well as smaller ones or on the rise like The Knot and Gimlet Media.
- The Bootstrapped VC brought to you by Backstage Capital, a VC firm investing in underrepresented founders, highlights stories from these same founders and shares insights into what investors are really looking for.
- StartUp is as you can imagine a podcast about startup life and what it really takes to start a business. The show’s first season has been adapted into an ABC sitcom called Alex, Inc. starring Zach Braff. StartUp has won a Gracie Award and the Gerald Loeb Award for Distinguished Business and Financial Journalism. Great episodes to download include Making a TV Series, Talking to Hollywood Hitmaker Nina Jacobson and Talking to Fashion Icon Dapper Dan.
- The Accidental Creative with Todd Henry is widely popular with freelancer designers and illustrators, but most freelancers will identify with plenty discussed on the show. Tune in for insights on how to build your freelance practice while living a balanced life.
- The Fizzle Show is a podcast for creative entrepreneurs and honest business builders who want to earn a living doing something they care about. Topics discussed include: How to Build Your Personal Brand, Becoming a Full-Time Blogger, Bootstrapping your way into a sellable business and more.
- The Chase Jarvis LIVE Show. Chase Javis, a successful creative entrepreneur himself and one of the most influential photographers of the past decade, invites some of the world’s top artists and creative entrepreneurs to share advice about finding your passion and achieving your goals.
- Product Hunt Radio is a weekly podcast with the people creating and exploring the future. If you are a creator of digital goods this is for you! Tune in every week with Ryan Hoover and Abadesi Osunsade as they’re joined by founders, investors, journalists, and makers to discuss the latest in tech.
- The Marie Forleo Podcast. Oprah-approved, this show discusses all the personal and business aspects of pursuing your dreams. Time and stress management, viral marketing, the secret to getting paid, transitioning out of your day job, nothing is off the table on this show!
- The GaryVee Audio Experience. Closing our list with another classic podcast, GaryVee’s enthusiasm is contagious whether you like him or not. Amazing guests, straightforward chat and the energy boost you need to stop talking and start doing!