Having a beautiful but functional website is vital to the success of any creative business. However, many creative entrepreneurs struggle to find the right support when it comes to building their website. This course, taking place over three consecutive Mondays and led by industry experts, introduces the practical steps and options you need to know about to build a successful website for your creative start-up.
From registering domain names to finding a hosting service, developing an SEO strategy to integrating payment platforms, we will reveal the key steps required to build the most successful website for your creative startup, to allow your business to thrive!
Curated by Creative Entrepreneurs, this is the fourth in our “Creative Start-up Essentials” series of courses, designed to help people turn their creative ideas into business reality. Everyone is welcome to attend this course. Whether you have already started a creative business, have an idea for a new one, are a freelancer, or just want to learn more, we welcome you to sign up!
Session One: Basics & Website Builders
• Finding and registering a domain name
• What to look for when finding a web hosting service
• Introduction to website builders and templates
• Using a website template vs a bespoke build
Session Two: Bespoke Websites
• Where to find designers and programmers
• How to work with designers and programmers to build bespoke sites
• Top tips for project managing bespoke website builds
Session Three: Integrating & Optimising
• Introduction to User Experience (UX) design and top tips
• Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and how to build a strategy
• How to integrate your website with email marketing software, CRMs and social media