How do you turn a creative idea into a successful business? Whether it’s setting up a design studio, digital agency, photography business or running a gallery, knowing the basics of business is an essential part of creating a new venture.
Curated by Creative Entrepreneurs, this three-part course will provide a deep-dive into the essential aspects of Business Planning. Through seminar discussions led by experts and hands-on activities, participants will cover topics including: defining your business and the market opportunity; writing and presenting a business plan and the basics of financial planning.
Everyone is welcome to attend this course. Whether you have already started a creative business, have an idea for a new one or just want to learn more, we welcome you to join this course.
Session One: Defining the basics of your creative business – 4th June 2019
by Carolyn Dailey
- Overview – what is business planning and why is it crucial to success?
- Identifying your product, customer and revenue streams
- Defining the market opportunity
Session Two: Creating a written plan – 11th June 2019
by Shaun Beaney
- Overview – what is a business plan and why is it crucial to success?
- Understanding the key components of a business plan
- Applying them to your business
- How to maximise the use of your business plan
Session Three: Getting on top of the numbers – 18th June 2019
- Overview – Key financial information and how to organise it
- The various audiences for your financial information and their needs
- Introduction to the basics of Excel and financial modelling