PAYE & National Insurance Contributions

As to employees, even if you are the sole employee at the start, you will need to register for 'Pay as you earn' (PAYE), the system by which employers withhold and pay directly to HMRC income tax due on employee payments, and National Insurance Contributions (NIC), under which you will be responsible for paying an amount up to 12% of an employee's salary (above and beyond their salary) to the government. You will likely want to seek help from an accountant to advise you on the details.

We use cookies and browser capability checks to help us deliver our online services, including to learn if you enabled Flash for video or ad blocking. By using our website or by closing this message box, you agree to our use of browser capability checks, and to our use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy.