Website Building Course in partnership with the Design Museum
Design MuseumSeptember 29, 2018
10:00 - 16:00
- 224-238 Kensington High St, London, W8 6AG
Having a beautiful but functional website is vital to the success of any creative business, however, many creative entrepreneurs struggle to find the right support when it comes to building their website. This 1-day course, led by industry experts, introduces the practical steps and options you need to know about to build a successful website for your creative startup.
From registering domain names to finding a hosting service, using website builders to hiring freelance developers and designers, developing an SEO strategy to integrating payment platforms, we’ll demystify all you need to know to build the most successful site for your creative startup, to allow your business to thrive!
Curated by Creative Entrepreneurs, this will be the fourth in our ‘Startup Essentials’ series of courses, designed to help people turn their creative ideas into business reality. Everyone is welcome to attend this course. Whether you have already started a creative business, have an idea for a new one or just want to learn more, we welcome you to join this course.
Part 1: Setting Up
- Finding and registering a domain name
- What to look for when finding a web hosting service
- Choosing a CMS: overview of leading options and skills required to operate them
Part 2: Website Builders vs Developers
- Introduction to leading web building platforms: Wordpress, Squarespace, Wix
- Developers – from coders to designers: finding, selecting and hiring web developers
- Top tips for working with developers: managing time, budgets and communication
Part 3: The Build
- Introduction to User Experience design
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation
- Keeping the build on brand
- Integrations: Payment platforms, CRMs and more
- Testing and refining